Wednesday, May 26, 2010


Puri Dream Center

Yesterday the girls and I made a last minute trip with Peter and Dr. Faiz to a dream center. It was an extremely hot day as you will tell in the one photo of me below! My English blood does not allow me to look remotely good in hot weather rather I look like a cherry tomato with hair stuck to my forehead. Anyway . . . I digress. We had a lovely day hanging out with the kids. The girls were a little overwhelmed at first as the kids wanted to be around them. But it wasn't long before Jaya was showing them how to play the drums and Alysha was learning Bollywood dance moves. It was fun to see them. It was also interesting because at one point I lost Jaya and she literally was lost in the crowd of beautiful brown faces! I am so used to being able to pick them out easily that I didn't realized how spoiled I had become.

The kids at the children's home are amazing and immediately grab at your heart. This particular home is on the beach so many of the children have lost fathers's to fishing accidents then their mother's can no longer take care of them. They go to a Christian school which is literally acorss the street and many of them were top of their class for grades! What a wonderful testimony to God!

We also went to the beach but unfortunately those photos are on my other camera! I will post them later. Enjoy . . .

7 comments:

Corey Family said...

Fantastic photos, sounds like you guys had a truly lovely day! Thanks for sharing. We miss and love you guys loads! xxx

Kristen said...

It sounds like you and Pete will have to concentrate more on what the girls are wearing instead of their beautiful brown faces. Now, on the flip side, the girls will have the easier time finding you and Peter. The pictures are great. Thinking of you all often- love you much- praying for you- miss you lots!

Michelle said...

What great pictures!! The girls look so happy. Melissa.....you are still beautiful. I will, however, never look at a cherry tomato the same, HA!!!!

Julie & Patrick said...

What a true adventure you having and what a wonderful experience for your girls! I am thoroughly enjoying every word and photo of it. The dancing and new friends look like the recipe for a fun day.

Julie R

Kristi W. said...

Love these pics! Your girls are so beautiful and look like they had so much fun with new friends. I sure hope we can hook up this fall. I need to e-mail you about that!

:)Kristi W.

Mom and Dad said...

Looks like so much fun. All of you are beautiful--including you Missy. We miss you all

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update Mis! The pictures made me cry! Its so wonderful to see the girls making friends :) And you look good!

Post a Comment