Saturday, May 08, 2010


The "its about time" Post

So much has happened that I really should blog more!  Today we all went outside and played soccer with some kids from the neighborhood.  It was so much fun. It's amazing how a ball and some cookies can bridge a language barrier.


The girls are officially on school holiday for the next 6 weeks and are very excited about it.  Peter has been travelling and have posted some awesome photos on facebook so if you get a chance go check them out!



I thought I might make this a light hearted look at the things that we have learned in our first months here:

1.  If you lock your gate, someone will come in to use your water and leave it open . . .below is what happens . . .

Yep, he saw our green grass and thought  Mmmmm Yummy!

2.  There is an "Indian Way" to drink water out of a bottle.  You pour it into your mouth without letting the bottle touch your lips.  Peter and Alysha have mastered it, Jaya and I still end up wearing more than we get in our mouths.

3.  The concept behind tiling the entire bathroom, putting in one drain and having the showerhead stick out of the wall is really quite a good idea.  However in reality we have soaked more toilet rolls than I care to mention!  You can't store anything IN the bathroom because it will get wet.  Also the squeegee is an incredible invention since it is what we have to clean the walls and floor with after every shower.  Sorry no photos for that one . . .  : )

4.  The mangoes here are absolutely delicious!  Apparently we were waiting for the "Mango Rain" which happened about 10 days ago.  The heaviest rain I have ever seen but so amazing to sit inside and listen too.  The result is we have these amazing little fruits that seem to call my name whenever I am in the kitchen.

5.  If there is a Hindu guy wearing a cotton diaper standing at your gate, banging on a drum and tamborine and chanting.  It is probably best not to stare . . . he will only stay longer.

Well that's enough randomness for now . .  here are some photo's and video of Jaya's birthday.  Enjoy!



For those who can't read big sister scribble, the card says . . .  Hi Jaya, I'm excited Happy 4th Birthday!  I am glad you are my sister but you are loud on the bus . . that's okay - I love you and you are funny and fun.  Too cute.

2 comments:

Corey Family said...

OK that was more than adorable! Thanks for sharing and posting pictures you REALLY DO need to do that more!!! We love you guys xxx

Kristen said...

Jaya is so cute! Thanks for sharing. I loved the pics. The cow took me by surprise. Alysha looks sharp in her uniform. However, she probably dislikes it. I know that Abby dislikes her school uniform. Idea: can you get rubbermaid like containers to put toilet paper in so you can keep it in the bathroom?

Post a Comment