Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sisters . . .
Sisters don't need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling.
-- Pam Brown

The last month has been an emotionally and physically challenging for all my sisters so I dedicate this post to them.  When our mum passed away something happened to our bond, we become closer . . . much closer.  I love my sister's dearly, there is such a special relationship that God has given me with each one.  I would not want to go through life without my phone chains . . .the laughter and the crying is better shared with sisters. The greatest thing to me is that I see that bond developing between Alysha & Jaya - they will be there for each other in thick and thin.  Jaya idolizes her sister, when watching a movie she likes to cuddle up to her so she is touching her.  We have gone in at night for the final tuck in and literally found Jaya sleeping on top of Alysha's back . . . Alysha who is not a cuddler tells her sister, "let me fall asleep then you can cuddle me."  Woe to their husbands!  Alysha cares for her sister like only an older sister can, she answers her questions, reminds her of her ABC's and makes sure she brushes her teeth!  She will make a great mom one day : )  So as I sit here, more grateful than words can say for each of my sister's and the gifts they bring to my life, I am also grateful that my daughter's will enjoy the same crying together and laughing together moments that I have.

Thanks Girls for all you have brought to my life!  I love you!

To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.  We live outside the touch of time.  ~Clara Ortega

2 comments:

Auntie Stella and Uncle Jack said...

Your love fpr your sisters reminds me just how much I loved your Mum and how much I still miss her.xxxxxxx

Corey Family said...

I thought I posted a comment earlier but I must not have done it properly because I had tears squirting out of my eyeballs! I truly do love you so much and thank you for being such a wonderful sister and friend. xxx

Post a Comment