Friday, December 21, 2007

Finally . . . Finalization
It's true at 10:00 am December 20th, 2007 - our sweet baby (well toddler I guess - shes 20 months old now!) became "officially" Jaya Ranae Debsila Cooper. Of course, she had been that to us since the first day we laid eyes on that tiny referral photo. We had a wonderful judge who has family friends from India and one of their names was Jaya as well. She made it very easy on us and said this was the bright spark of her month. This time we actually had to take the stand and answer some questions. I guess it was all a bit too much for me because I started crying as soon as the lawyer said, "You do realize that as of today, Debsila will be the same as a biological child - she will inherit from you and you will inherit from her." YES, of course I realize that, this is the moment we have been waiting for for 3 years!! The tears started flowing as I realized how much this had been weighing on me. Our very dear friends came with us which may the day even more special. They said they held it together until I lost it then their tears were flowing as well. God is good, we got it done before the end of the year and now we can enjoy the holidays even more.

Jaya was her true self, noisy and active the whole time. The judge even stopped at one point and said, Wow we have a vocal one here don't we? That's our girl. Alysha was a doll answering a couple of questions that the lawyer asked her with a smile. We are so blessed to have such amazing children.

I will post photos soon, just wanted to share . . .

2 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear that your day went well. Don't worry, I bawled my eyes out too. ;o) Merry Christmas!
Pam

Kristi W. said...

Yeah! So glad that you finalized and she's "officially" yours. Enjoy your Christmas as a family!


Kristi

Post a Comment